5/3/13

The Real "Crazy House"



Just left a staff meeting and apparently my co-workers are entertained by the topic of Mental Illness and the clients that sometimes call or come into our office. Smh. This is a Public State building, that's what WE DO, we serve the public! Which means we have to be open to assist whomever walks through our doors, yet prepared enough to handle security risks appropriately (i.e. the suicide call last week).

Wtf is so funny about that! Then some jerk says, "what if the crazies are employees" and all the drones join in, in laughter - I'm like really dude!

THIS is why with ALL the effort it takes for me to just get out of bed in the morning, let alone support my family, maintain a full-time job, and commit to my purpose as an artist (living with bipolar type II disorder) - that raising awareness and "Bitch Slapping the Stigma" is my life's "mission possible". Fuck who don't like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment